Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Little differences

I'm Italian and my girlfriend is Spanish, these countries aren't so different, we have more or less the same culture, but of course we have different traditions.
We differ mainly in small things, and now I'm going to tell you a funny story about it.


It was one of the first dinner with my girlfriend's family, there was beans, something I really like, but then I looked into my dish, and I noticed something missing in it, so I looked my girlfriend and said: <<Why is there no pasta in my beans?!>>.
A simple question for me, because I eat it pretty often at my home, but I still remember the look in her family eyes.
There was a mix of surprise and hilarity going on, so after a bit of embarrassing silence they asked me back: <<Why would you put pasta in beans?!>>.


Well, I'm pretty shy and that was a quite of an awkward moment for me, but it made me think on how something that for me is so normal, an everyday thing, could be so strange for someone who lives just 1000km away from me.

Tell me what you think about it, and if you have similar stories. :)

Photos:

(Beans with pasta)

(Just beans)

No comments:

Post a Comment